These terms & conditions and the booking details provided constitute the entire agreement concerning the provision of our services (Chauffeur Services, Guided Tours, Shooting Packages, TV & Film, Airport Transfers or Wedding Cars) (“Service”) between you and Rural Activities & Luxury Travel LTD (T/A) The Rural Chauffeur.
Completion of an Online Booking, booking by phone or via our APP and/or use of Our Services indicates your unconditional acceptance of the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement.
“The Rural Chauffeur”, “US”, “We” & “Our” means “Rural Activities & Luxury Travel LTD” (t/a) The Rural Chauffeur who’s operator’s license to operate Private Hire Vehicles is provided by (A) Ryedale District Council and (B) Hambleton District Council and registered to Chauffeur HQ, Cleveland Way, Helmsley, York, YO62 5AT. “you” and “your” means any individual, company or other business who places a booking or requests a quote for a journey with us.
- It is your responsibility to allow sufficient time when booking your Chauffeur to allow for the check-in times required by your Airline, Train Station or Restaurant etc and for any delays caused by traffic conditions. The Rural Chauffeur shall not be responsible for any delay caused by your failure to allow enough time to reach your destination or if the passengers are not ready for collection at the booked time.
- You must order a suitable car size for the number of passengers and luggage. The Rural Chauffeur cannot guarantee to carry excessive amounts of luggage.
- A Child, no matter the age, counts as one passenger.
- We currently cannot accept bookings where passengers need to travel in their wheelchair.
- If you need to transport a empty wheelchair please specify this at the time of booking.
3. Prices & Payments
- The Rural Chauffeur will give you a quotation based on the information supplied by you. The Rural Chauffeur may amend the quotation if there is any material change to the original itinerary, the number of passengers, or the type or size of vehicle required.
- Rural Activities & Luxury Travel VAT number is GB349072684 and ALL of our services attract VAT.
- VAT is charged on all services at the standard rate at the time of carrying out the service.
- The quotation will include a 5 minute waiting period but the cost of car parking will be charged additionally where required.
- The Rural Chauffeur will charge for waiting at its standard rates after the initial 5-minute period has expired.
- The Rural Chauffeur will endeavor to check for flight and train delays before the driver leaves for an airport, port or train station but shall be under no obligation to do so.
- If you accept your quotation, you will receive confirmation of your booking by SMS (Text Message) and email (providing you have supplied your email address). Please check your booking confirmation carefully and inform The Rural Chauffeur promptly of any errors.
- The Rural Chauffeur shall not be responsible for any delays caused or costs arising from your failure to provide The Rural Chauffeur with correct information.
- All journeys originating at an Airport, Port or Train Station (which are not return journeys where The Rural Chauffeur have taken you to the airport) must be prepaid in full on booking.
- Payment can be made by Bank Transfer, Paypal, Credit Card, Debit Card (Visa, Mastercard & AMEX etc) or Cash, We do not charge a surcharge for making payment by card
- Our prices will be amended to reflect any industry price changes made from time to time.
- If you would like to make payment by card please Call: 01439610550 to pay over the phone.
- If you want to make a TT or Bacs payment please make it to the following account… Sort Code: 236972 Account: 23456787 Account Name: Rural Activities & Luxury Travel LTD & use your booking reference or invoice number for the payment so that it is allocated to the correct journey.
- Paypal Link: https://paypal.me/ruralchauffeur
- We do not accept cheques.
- We can accept payments by card in the vehicles.
- We do accept AMEX (American Express) and most other cards.
- We are currently waiting for our vat registration
- Any attempt at non-payment will be reported to the police in the area where the vehicle is at the time.
4. The Service
- You shall be responsible for the behavior of all the passengers in the vehicle throughout the journey.
- You will be charged £100 to cover cleaning costs in the unlikely event of the vehicle being soiled in any way during the journey.
- Smoking in any form and/or the use of E Cigarettes/Vaping is not permitted.
- Eating and drinking is permitted, however the drinking of Red Wine or and and coloured drink is absolutely prohibited.
- All children travelling during the journey should be restrained in a manner appropriate to their age, weight and height.
- Suitable child seats should wherever possible be supplied and fitted by the child’s parents.
- Such seats may be retained by the driver for use on the return journey.
- The Rural Chauffeur vehicles will not carry more passengers than its licensing allows.
- The Rural Chauffeur will carry Assistance dogs for no additional charge.
- Any nuisance passengers or damage caused will be reported to the police in the area where the vehicle is at time.
5. Cancellations & Refunds
- Any Journey cancelled or aborted for any reason that is outside of our control will be charged in full and no refund will be given. where a deposit has been taken and any difference will be payable to the Company with immediate effect.
- The Rural Chauffeur will refund any deposit where we are unable to fulfil the service ordered due to operational matters.
- Any refunds made in respect of payments made by card, will be made back to the card that payment was taken from.
- We will never make a refund by cheque or cash, except where a cash payment was received as payment.
- The Rural Chauffeur shall use all reasonable endeavors to get you to your destination on time, but shall not be liable for any loss due to delays caused by road or traffic conditions beyond our control on the journey.
- Under no circumstances shall The Rural Chauffeur be liable (in contract, tort or otherwise) for any loss of profits, business or for any indirect or consequential loss whatever.
- All luggage is carried entirely at your own risk.
- The Rural Chauffeur shall be entitled to cancel all services and provide proportionate refunds in the event of a declared national emergency, protest, riot, war, fuel shortage, extreme weather or terrorist attack, or other circumstances beyond its control. If the car breaks down during your journey The Rural Chauffeur will endeavor to arrange an alternative car to complete the journey as soon as practicable.
- You shall indemnify The Rural Chauffeur against all losses, costs, damages and expenses arising from any act or omission of any passenger in your party.
- Neither party excludes or limits its liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for wilful default or fraudulent misrepresentation, or otherwise in any manner unenforceable by any applicable law.
- We will not be liable where something is Your own fault, The fault of one of the passengers you have asked us to transport, a third party unconnected with the provision of the Car and Transfer Services under this contract or events which we could not have foreseen or forestalled even if we had taken all reasonable care.
- The Rural Chauffeur will refuse or terminate any booking with immediate effect if it places any driver or vehicle at risk of any damage, violence or abuse by you or by any passenger in your party and we will ask all passengers to vacate the vehicle as soon as it is safe to do so. The Police will be called immediately in the area where the vehicle is at the time. No refund will be given.
- The contract shall come into effect on the date that the Company signs the Booking Form, and, unless terminated earlier or as otherwise provided in this contract, shall terminate automatically when we have completed performing the Car and Transfer Services.
- If you wish to send us any notice or letter then you should to send it to Rural Activities & Luxury Travel LTD (t/a) The Rural Chauffeur, Chauffeur HQ, Helmsley, North Yorkshire, YO62 5ES. For the attention of Robert Arrand.
- If we wish to send you a letter or notice, we shall use the postal and email addresses you have given on the Booking Form.
- We require any cancellations or amendments to be made or confirmed in writing by the signatory of the Booking Form to protect you from hoax calls. (Emails on their own are not acceptable only a letter with an original signature will be accepted).
- The Rural Chauffeur may subcontract its obligations under this Agreement.
- You shall not assign, transfer or delegate any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement.
- The Rural Chauffeur may change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms and conditions regularly to ensure that you are aware of any changes.
- All existing bookings will be at the rate quoted or applicable rate in effect at the time of booking.
- This Agreement and any accompanying quotation represents the entire agreement between you and The Rural Chauffeur in relation to its subject matter. If there is any discrepancy between the terms of this Agreement and the quotation, the terms of this Agreement shall prevail.
- Nothing in this Agreement is intended to confer any benefit on any third party, whether pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise, and no third party shall have the right to enforce any rights under this Agreement except where otherwise agreed in writing.
- All calls to The Rural Chauffeur are recorded.
- We intend to rely on these terms and conditions as being the terms and conditions of the contract between you and us. Any changes to the terms and conditions that you wish to make should be put in writing. Any changes will require our agreement.
- This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with English law and you and The Rural Chauffeur each agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts in respect of any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this Agreement.
- For the purposes of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 this contract is not intended to, and does not, give any person who is not a party to it any right to enforce any of its provisions.
10. Conveying of children
- UK law states that taxis and private hire vehicles are exempt from legislation relating to children travelling in a baby/child seat or booster.
- For Health and Safety reasons The Rural Chauffeur is unable to provide any form of child seat.
- If you require a child seat for your journey it would be the child’s parent/carers responsibility to provide one and to fit the seat in the vehicle and to secure the child.
- If you are booking a return journey and have your own child seat, the driver who carries out your booking will store your child seat for the return journey, please note that the installation of the child seat must be carried out by you.
- If children are to be transported by us you will ensure that there are a sufficient number of adults present to properly supervise them and take care of them in the event of accidents or other events and you acknowledge and agree that the Company will not be responsible for supervising or taking care of them or deal with any matter where their health or care is involved.
- We can provide alcohol in our vehicles, this needs to be ordered at the time of booking to meet the terms of our alcohol licence.
- We do not permit the consumption of Red Wine or any other coloured drinks in any of our vehicles.
12. Wedding Cars
- We will supply the Car and Transfer Services for the Wedding Day, beginning at the Pick Up Time and finishing at the End Time. You will pay the Price at the times stated in this contract.
- We will always try to inform you in advance of the Wedding Day if we are not able to provide your preferred Car and to offer you a suitable substitute Car although that may not always be possible.
- We will get as close as we reasonably can to the locations you have informed us of but depending on the road and weather conditions cannot guarantee a door-to-door service (we always carry umbrellas just in case).
- A binding contract between you and us will come into being only when we confirm your booking.
- Although there may be a binding contract between us, the Wedding Date will not be binding on the Company unless and until we receive your full payment.
- You will need to pay the balance of the Price no later than 28 days before the Wedding Day.
- All amounts stated are exclusive of VAT and any other applicable taxes, which may be charged in addition at 20% the rate in force at the time you are required to make payment.
- If you change of any of these after you have placed your order (and you have signed the Booking Form) then we will have the right to recalculate the Price you will need to pay the Company any additional amount. If you do not wish to pay the new Price then you can cancel our contract (in writing only). If you do cancel the contract in these circumstances you may have to pay the Company for the reasonable costs, expenses or other amounts which we cannot reasonably avoid because of your cancellation. Cancellations are dealt with further in section 5 above.
- If you do not pay the Company the amounts you owe to us at the times you are required to do so then we may not provide the Car or Transfer Services.
- On the Wedding Day we need reasonable access to the Pick Up Location(s), the Ceremony Venue and the Reception Venue and to have use of a parking space (and/or parking permit if available) throughout the time our staff are providing the Car and Transfer Services (if you have a car parking area or the right to use one).
- At the time of booking, we need you to please advise us of any narrow or rough roads and any very steep hills that might cause difficulty to limousines, classic, vintage or American cars. If you make us aware of any tricky road conditions, we will inspect them within 14 days of receiving your booking. If we consider the journey to not be safely navigable in the Car(s) you have chosen, we will advise you and if an alternative Car(s) is not available we will refund your Booking Fee in full.
- If the roads deteriorate at any time prior to the wedding please inform us immediately so we can perform a safety inspection.
- You are required to make sure the people being transported are ready in good time.
- Ensure that your guests and other persons being transported by us behave in a polite and reasonable fashion to our staff during the day and that those persons do not engage in threatening or offensive behaviour or make or use threatening, offensive, derogatory, sexual or racial comments or words. If you or any of your guests or other persons being transported do behave in any of these ways we will have the right to immediately stop providing the Car and Transport Services.
- Ensure that your guests and other persons being transported by us do not damage our Cars. If you or any of your guests or other persons being transported do damage our Cars in any way we will have the right to immediately stop providing the Car and Transport Services and may seek to recover the cost of any repairs from you.
- Ensure that your guests and other persons being transported by us wear seatbelt’s if provided and observe and/or heed any safety instructions our staff give.
- Ensure that no red wine or other coloured drink is consumed in the car.
- We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that we deliver the Bride / Partner 1, any bridesmaids and or the Mother of the Bride to the Ceremony Venue in good time for the ceremony (allowing for the Bride to be a little late as tradition requires) however we are unable to guarantee the road conditions or any traffic or accidents on the route and we will not be liable for any missed ceremonies or other events which may be time dependent.